Friday, April 25, 2008

Basic Foundations Week 3

So here I am at Week 3 at AnimationMentor.com

I must say this place is all in what you put into it. If you are self motivated this is the place for you and you can grow more than you can ever imagine. Its only my 3rd week but being open to everyones critiques and suggestions REALLY makes your animation stronger. I have also noticed its getting pretty tough to keep up with all of the stuff there.

This weeks assignment was to portray excitement with just a pose as well as animating a simple bouncing ball with the weight of a soccer ball or basketball. I decided to try and animate a soccer ball bounce. All of the students in class 1 were also given Stu one of the animation mentor characters to use and pose for the assignment.

You really have to be on your toes here at AM. I am starting to see that planning is one of the most crucial parts in animation. You really need to have a clear idea of where you are going to go before you lay in any key frames into the computer. I ended up making several sketches planning out this weeks animation assignment.

Here is my planning sketches :

Ball Bounce Planning

Here is the animation

Feel free to give me some critique and feedback on my work..... I am constantly learning..

No comments: