Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Started Animation Mentor

So I got to find out who my mentor is for the 1st class his name is Martin Hopkins

Here is a little bit about my mentor

Martin Hopkins has been in the animation industry for 12 years. He attended the Classical Animation Program at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. After graduating he worked breifly at Lacewood Studios in Ottawa, Canada on a kids show titled "Katie & Orbie" where he did character posing.

In Feburary of 1996, He was hired at Chuck Jones Film Productions. A small crew was brought together to produce new Looney Tunes theatrical shorts. It was a dream job that ended way too soon! After CJFP closed its doors in 1997, He was hired at DreamWorks Animation on "The Prince of Egypt" and he hasn't looked back since. In his nine + years at DWA he went from the clean-up department to rough animation and finally made the leap to the 3D world on "Shark Tale." He is currently in production on "Monsters vs. Aliens".

I am SOOOOO excited to be learning my basic foundations and fundamentals of animation from such a great animator and mentor. I want to soak up as much as I can from him and make sure I take as much notes as possible when I do my 1st Q & A that is tonight at 9:00pm to 10:00pm.

I am gonna post my progress on my assignments as soon as I can I want to keep this blog up to date as much as possible. That way I can record my progress and laugh at myself later :-)

If you have any critiques or comments on my animations feel free to leave a message or email me.

No comments: